Do you know what display types drive the most sales in store?
11 March 2021
Author: Kevin Green
It’s easy for brands and field teams to track product uplift when locations are fixed.
However, displays drive sales. But having multiple products in multiple locations in a store can be a bit of a headache when brands want to assess the performance of any individual SKU or location.
Tracking the effectiveness of multiple display locations and types is complicated
It may seem obvious to say that great execution is the cornerstone of selling more.
But, in order to achieve more sales, brands may want to try placing their products in different, potentially more eye-catching, locations around stores to entice shoppers.
When multiple display combinations are live – and are promotional POS, gondola ends or incremental displays filled with a mix of products - it becomes very difficult for brands to determine what displays are most effective.
How do you know, in any given store, what display types drive the most sales?
The reason this is challenging is because there are a lot of variables.
It is complex and time consuming for field reps to log multiple displays in multiple locations; and manually logging various items in various places is not the best use of a field rep’s time in store.
Save time & improve accuracy with DART’s Display Capture feature
What if we told you our DART product could overcome these challenges?
Field reps can capture multiple products and displays with ease using our EPOS analytics product, DART’s new Display Capture feature.
This enables accurate data capture, adding value immediately. This feature allows field teams to quickly capture the details of any product on any new display, allowing the brand and field reps to see the success of new displays in real time.
We asked our Product Manager, Kevin Green to explain exactly how this works:
“Anybody who has spent time in the field knows the challenges that arise when it comes to capturing data for a display; there are countless locations in the store, there are multiple products per display, and a single SKU can be sited on multiple displays around the store.
This poses a challenge from a data capture perspective on two fronts:
- On a field level, how do you capture accurate location and product attribute data, without requiring the field rep to spend precious time manually inputting data?
- And from a head office level, how can brands truly assess the impact and ROI of a display, if they do not know the location and quantity of displays in that store?
This is exactly the problem that DART solves!
Ensure your field reps remain sales people and not data analysts
DART allows a field rep to capture how many displays they have built in-store, where those displays are, and which products are on each of those displays. This is all done in a single intervention data capture feature within DART.
This new Display Capture feature delivers three key benefits:
- Field reps can capture data accurately and efficiently for every display no matter how many different products are on it. This means they can provide more information about the product in the store (for example where it’s located, how many there are etc) and use this to demonstrate to the retailer how much value these extra displays add for the store.
- Head office teams can understand what displays are sited in stores, and what display types are the most lucrative. They can then replicate the best performing ones in other stores across the estate.
- The ROI measurement is more informative on which products, brands and category combinations work best in displays, and in which locations in the store.”
Do you know what display types drive the most sales in store and where your field teams should focus their efforts? If not, talk to us about DART.
Stay tuned to our LinkedIn for the rest of this month for more insight into our Data & Digital capabilities.
If you would like a free trial of DART, find out more below.