An update on our response to Covid-19
17 April 2020
As the country finds its feet in the current circumstances, companies have had to adapt. We are no different, but two constant objectives have remained:
- Our purpose to help clients and retailers get products into the hands of consumers, whatever environment we find ourselves in
- Our commitment to supporting our people, the lifeblood of our business
In some of our teams across Grocery, Technology and Financial Services, we’ve been able to achieve this by moving from field to phone or digital connectivity, keeping our teams operational from home. In others, we’ve furloughed the teams because we’ve made joint decisions with clients on the right time to step back from field operations.
Many of our Grocery teams in both the UK & Ireland continue to work in-store and are highly valued by retailers and clients at this time; and the governments in both markets have continued to recognise the value of the grocery industry and the importance of getting products on shelf for consumers. We continue to review this daily and have been listening to our field teams, as well as clients and retailers, to establish a position as a business and with each team.
In playing this role, our top priority is keeping our teams safe when in-store. Our colleagues in-store are working within revised protocols in terms of a reduced call file, social distancing guidelines from both McCurrach and the retailers, as well as following hand hygiene recommendations through the provision of gloves and hand sanitiser.
As a Field Marketing agency, agility remains a key strength and we’ve been able to spin up resource, services and products with pace. If you’re a brand that needs additional support right now in any of the following ways, contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help:
- If you need additional sales or merchandising resource, whether for short term or long term periods
- If you need telesales resource to keep in contact with Points of Purchase
- If you need to digitally connect with your retailers, and want to discover tools to do that
- If you have EPOS data that you need to quickly turn into insight to help direct your resources
- If you need fast insight into what’s happening on the ground in the market
We’re ready and able to deploy these services, so if you need support in these areas please contact us.
Now is the time, more than ever, to pull together and collaborate to ensure that consumers get what they need during this difficult time. We’ll continue to be there to help do that, however best we can.
Lastly, we’d like to thank all of our amazing colleagues who are doing a fantastic job for our clients and retailers and providing great support to each other during these unsettled times.